Social media is one of the most effective marketing tools out there. Right now, social media platforms have about 3.48 billion users worldwide. That represents an increase of 9% from last year alone. To put this another way, upwards of 45% of the global population is using social media. In the past year alone, social media platforms have adopted 366 million new users.
As you can see, taking advantage of social media platforms is one of the most important things you can do to boost your marketing across the board. While the platforms alone are powerful, each can be made more powerful by a series of specialised social media tools. In this post, we're going to share a few of our favourite social media tools, and a bit of background on how each can help grow your business. Let's dive in.
Why Use Social Media Tools?
Do you really need to add social media tools to your marketing stack? The answer is yes. Yes, you do. Social media management tools have a variety of powerful purposes. For one, they help your company build, manage, and monitor your social accounts and activities. Here are a few stats that demonstrate why so many companies need social media management tools:
- 52% of marketers say measuring ROI is difficult
- 48% of companies don't have a robust social media strategy
- 67% of web users think companies could do more to cater to customers on social media
- More than 81% of companies intend to increase their social media marketing budget in the coming years
- More than 42% of social media managers don't know how to use data they've collected from social media strategy and incorporate it into the company's broader marketing plan
- As many as 86% of the marketers aren't sure whether they should be using social media tools, and which ones are ideal
- More than 42% of customers expect to receive a reply from a brand on a social network in less than 60 minutes.
- Most businesses are unable to respond to 8 out of 9 essential customer messages on social networks. In some cases, it takes companies as long as three days to respond to customers on social platforms.
Even if your business is running smoothly, adding a social media management tool can enhance your daily social interactions and ensure you're providing the best possible communications for your customers.
7 of Our Favorite Social Media Tools
Ready to add a social tool to your stack? Here are seven we recommend: